Many meetings waste time as there has been insufficient preparation. This can lead to busy participants refusing invitations to meetings in future and make it more difficult to achieve agreements and maintain progress on projects.
To avoid this, good preparation is necessary. The following 7 steps can be used to prepare for effective meetings.
- Understand the purpose of the meeting and defining objectives.
- Design the meeting to achieve the objectives.
- Identify appropriate participants.
- Develop an agenda and refine in discussion with participants.
- Identify a chairperson, persons to speak to issues and minute-taker.
- Issue an agenda, minutes and documents ahead of the meeting date.
- Schedule meetings electronically with start and end times and location.
Access the course on Effective Meetings Course here. Link.