Outlined below are 8 principles that you can use to guide in you in developing effective reports:
- Purpose: The purpose of the report and the key issues and questions it addresses are set out concisely.
- Methodology: The methodology followed in the report is provided and is appropriate to the questions being investigated.
- Results: Information is clearly presented and described.
- Analysis: Results are analysed objectively.
- Discussion: Results and analysis are discussed in terms of research/industry/technical standards and related back to the purpose of the report.
- Conclusions and recommendation: Conclusions and recommendations linked to findings are developed and provide a clear basis for decision-making.
- Structure: The report is well structured and easy to navigate.
- Writing: The report is concise and easy to read.
To access the course on Effective Reports click here. Link.